The closest stop sign is over a mile away and the first traffic light is 5+ miles down the road. A visit to the grocery store is almost 30 miles round trip. It's quiet here; just the sound of toads and coyotes at night. It seems very still, but when you look close there's always something happening. Read on about a few things we've noticed over the past few years.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Boulder in the creekbed

I'm a weirdo.  I like rocks.  I like the textures mother nature uses.  Click on the photo for a closer look.  This granite boulder is in our creekbed about a 100 ft from our front door.  As you can see, the bed is dry.  If I stand on the floor of the creekbed the boulder is roughly 7 ft high.  The grayish spots are actually a mint gray moss.  It turns greener in the summer.  Squirrels, bunnies, and birds climb all over the brush around this rock.  As I said, I'm a weirdo but I think this is cool to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment