The closest stop sign is over a mile away and the first traffic light is 5+ miles down the road. A visit to the grocery store is almost 30 miles round trip. It's quiet here; just the sound of toads and coyotes at night. It seems very still, but when you look close there's always something happening. Read on about a few things we've noticed over the past few years.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

This kind of dumb but ...  last night I saw someone with a high powered spotlight across the valley signalling in our direction.  I estimate they were two or three air miles away, they were on top of one hill and we are on top of an opposite hill.  I grabbed my spotlight and signalled back to them.  We communicated for a couple of minutes by Morse code.  I have no idea who they are and I don't know Morse code but I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment