The closest stop sign is over a mile away and the first traffic light is 5+ miles down the road. A visit to the grocery store is almost 30 miles round trip. It's quiet here; just the sound of toads and coyotes at night. It seems very still, but when you look close there's always something happening. Read on about a few things we've noticed over the past few years.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This just in...

This afternoon I looked overhead and spotted one of my red tail hawks circling above.  Legs were extended out and both claws were clutching a GIANT snake.  The hawk was quite high and the snake looked HUGE.  Thick and long (that's what she said) !!   I am so glad the hawk caught the snake because if I crossed it's path I would have gone into serious freak-out mode.  Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me and the hawk quickly glided over to the other side of the hill behind us.  I can't emphasize the SIZE enough.  Anywho, this is my first post without pictures but my excitement needed to be recorded immediately.   Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Lot of wildlife out there. You can't always have a camera on the ready. Nice shots though. Keep em coming. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete